Our experience has shown that having a Key Person for your child is the most effective way of ensuring that children develop a strong relationship with a significant adult in the nursery, giving every child the reassurance to feel secure, familiar, and confident in the nursery environment.
At Charlton your child’s Key person will:
- Be assigned to your child on their first settling-in session, getting to know the child and family well in order to form strong relationships to support emotional needs.
- Be with your child at every settling-in session in order to make the handover as smooth as possible, providing essential consistency for you and your child.
- Ensure they have all of the information about your child and share this with other staff so that your child’s individual needs are cared for throughout each and every day.
- Carry out assessments and plan for your child’s development, ensuring they are always challenged and supported to reach their full potential.
- Prepare a report every 6 weeks to ensure you are kept up to date with all of the information about your child and their development.